The PetroSpec DT-100 Dye Tester is an affordable and fast portable analyzer that is ideal for the simultaneous quantification of dye and color concentrations in diesel fuels and heating oils. The DT-100 complies with the ASTM D6756 method for determination of red dye concentration and estimation of ASTM color of diesel fuel and heating oil using a portable visible spectrophotometer.
Two configurations are available:
- Provides an accurate measurement of active red dye concentration and ASTM color in diesel fuels and heating oils
- Measures dye solvent red 26
- Provides an accurate measurement of specific dyes and markers in diesel fuels and heating oils.
- Measures dye solvent red 24, solvent red 19, and solvent blue 79
- Measures markers solvent yellow 124, quinizarin, and furfural
Using the latest visible laser and LED photometric techniques, the DT-100 accurately reads red dye concentration while correcting for the ASTM color of the un-dyed base fuel. This ensures accurate dye content analysis, even when the dye cant be seen with the naked eye.